I wanted to clarify a few more things about some traits of my Nekoi species, and what make them different from other catfish and things that should not be added to Nekoi. The catfish above is not considered a Nekoi at all.
oh man nekoi don't have noses or round eyes!!!!! what OBVIOUS differences!!! wow so i can make a fishcat with all of the other traits of a nekoi BUT ITS NOT COPYING GUYS BECAUSE MY FISHCAT HAS A NOSE AND ROUND EYES. lmao ok..
Good to know! I had this idea to combine a land animal with a water animal before I found out about your Nekoi.. but was warned I shouldn't because people would say i'm "stealing".
But there are soo many subtle differences a person can add to their species to make them unique. ;u; And people are bound to have similar ideas at some point. Stealing an idea vs creating something similar is pretty different to me.
Now if I go through with my idea, and someone calls me out for it, I can show them this. <3
1. A closed species are ment to be original. Cat fish were done before. I have seen cat fish adopts that are exactly like this years ago. I like nekois, I'm not a 'hAtERzzz1!1' the art is nice still.
2. You sound like a raging 14 year old, sorry.
3. Yes people need money to live, but saying that doesn't make the concept better.
4. Names do have copyright with the right licence. Sony is just a name. And people are named sony. But I have never seen another company named sony because they bought the name as a legal trademark. She could do this if she wanted.
5. What do you mean she's based off real animals, don't you mean the species?...and a style doesn't make something automaticly super original:/
6. "If she was copying or tracing or some other bullshit, she would have said she did." I'm pretty sure if she were to make hundreds of dollars on these she'd never say or admit she copied something else.
7. Oh .. The last sentence.. No you are acting like a whiteknight. I'm sorry if this reply came off as rude but you need to chill out. No one is holding you at gunpoint and telling you to think it isn't creative. Again, sorry if you thought this is rude or 'trolling' but I'm stating my opinion on what you said, just like how you said your voicing your opinion.
I think if she made the Nekoi a SUBspecies then not as many people whould get mad. Like for example the tiger. There is the bengal tiger and the siberian, both still tigers but different subspecies. If she said is was a subspecies of catfish it whould make more sense then calling it it's own species. Then she could say "you can still make a catfish but not my subspecies Nekoi." So basicly it whould be a type of catfish. <3
Just saying and sheesh I think people are just jelly they didn't come up the the idea first XD
Kawiku is just trying to make money and live from their art, and it's working. People love the Nekoi, love Kawiku's art, and they themselves choose to spend money on them. You don't want to? No one's making you. No one's stopping you from making your own cat/fish hybrid, either.
Wow o.o My friend actually used the name Nekoi too for her cat/fish hybrids ^^' I feel really bad about the situation though ; v ; She had a journal filled with backstory and information on her own Nekoi species that if i remember correctly, came from around March 2013. She even stated it was a hybrid, not a real species . . . It was taken down this year though, I guess because of all the hate things like this are getting .. .
Ah well, I guess if the idea's been used like this so much, it isn't worth the time anyways . . . q v q
I don't see why this is a problem. This was bound to happen, and if you didn't know that I'm sorry but that's a fact of damn life.
You can never be 100% creative, because at least one person has done everything you have BEFORE you, so it's a shame to say anything. Got a problem? Too bad. In life, nothing is ever original, nor is it special. Every "species," even the ones you make, aren't creative. Sorry to break it to you all, but they aren't.
It's unfortunate that all the hate on here is probably written by hypocrites.
I agree with you. Why make a closed species? There is nothing special about it. Sure you made it it's your own art, and that should mean no one should steal it or trace it. But when you start to make others feel uncomfortable about not being able to draw a certain thing that's when I call bullshit. I don't want to be having to worry about creating something that I like, and then having to think about if someone already "made it" and having them or their fans up my ass just because it looks "similar." I say create what ever the hell you want. As long as you don't copy or trace or any of that shit.
I'm fine with making closed species, it's when people go all asshat mode that irritates me. It's like, "Okay, so you've never made a species?". Every species has pretty much had SOMETHING part of it that could make it unique done before. Creativity? Gone. Originality? Gone. Unique? Nope. Everything else that equals individuality and creativity of some form? Gone out the window by now.
It's okay to make a species, close it, the whole ten yards (for me it is), but to be a full out ass to someone because they made their own is ridiculous. It's like being a hypocrite imo. That's just my view on it I guess.
I do somewhat agree with your previous comment. People should be allowed to make what they want as long as it's not a copy or a very blatant copy at that, no tracing, etc. They should know the drill. :U