I wanted to clarify a few more things about some traits of my Nekoi species, and what make them different from other catfish and things that should not be added to Nekoi. The catfish above is not considered a Nekoi at all.
Good to know! I had this idea to combine a land animal with a water animal before I found out about your Nekoi.. but was warned I shouldn't because people would say i'm "stealing".
But there are soo many subtle differences a person can add to their species to make them unique. ;u; And people are bound to have similar ideas at some point. Stealing an idea vs creating something similar is pretty different to me.
Now if I go through with my idea, and someone calls me out for it, I can show them this. <3
1. A closed species are ment to be original. Cat fish were done before. I have seen cat fish adopts that are exactly like this years ago. I like nekois, I'm not a 'hAtERzzz1!1' the art is nice still.
2. You sound like a raging 14 year old, sorry.
3. Yes people need money to live, but saying that doesn't make the concept better.
4. Names do have copyright with the right licence. Sony is just a name. And people are named sony. But I have never seen another company named sony because they bought the name as a legal trademark. She could do this if she wanted.
5. What do you mean she's based off real animals, don't you mean the species?...and a style doesn't make something automaticly super original:/
6. "If she was copying or tracing or some other bullshit, she would have said she did." I'm pretty sure if she were to make hundreds of dollars on these she'd never say or admit she copied something else.
7. Oh .. The last sentence.. No you are acting like a whiteknight. I'm sorry if this reply came off as rude but you need to chill out. No one is holding you at gunpoint and telling you to think it isn't creative. Again, sorry if you thought this is rude or 'trolling' but I'm stating my opinion on what you said, just like how you said your voicing your opinion.